At Alinta Energy, we understand that at one time or another you may experience difficulties paying your energy bill. Depending on a variety of reasons this payment difficulty can either be temporary or long-term.
Assistance for Victorian Residential Customers
Under the Payment Difficulty Framework (PDF), which is effective as of 1 January 2019, Victorian Residential Customers can access additional assistance. The new payment difficulty framework establishes an entitlement for customers who are anticipating or are already in payment difficulty.
The type of assistance Alinta Energy can offer includes;
- Arranging extended payment terms to assist you with paying your current bill;
- Setting up a personally tailored payment plan to assist with paying any existing debt and cover future usage;
- Providing practical energy efficiency advice on how best to reduce your ongoing energy usage;
- Ensuring all relevant government concessions and rebates are applied to your account,
- Assisting you with obtaining access to relevant Government utility assistance programs (i.e. Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS) for Victoria);
- Referring you to external organisations that will be able to provide you with financial counselling.
- Regularly keeping in touch with you to see how you’re going.
Download Payment Difficulty Framework Facts
Making it easier for you to manage your energy account payments with the following payment options;
Where you pay regular instalments to cover your overdue debt whilst continuing to pay for your ongoing usage.
Arrears Plus Plan
Where you pay regular instalments to cover your overdue debt and ongoing usage for a period of up to 24 months.
Additional Payment Assistance
If neither of these options work for you, we can still provide you with assistance. In circumstances where you cannot pay your overdue debt and the ongoing energy costs, we can put the overdue debt on hold for a period of six months and let you pay less than your ongoing usage cost for that period while we work with you to find ways to reduce your energy costs, including placing you on a tariff/product that is suited to your circumstances.
Government Programs & Rebates
The Victorian Government offers a range of programs and concession rebates to assist people who are experiencing financial difficulty.
for more information on Victorian Government programs and rebates.
The friendly staff at Alinta Energy are specially trained to identify the causes of a high energy bill and can provide you with advice on how to best reduce your energy usage going forward.
Find our High Bill Checklist
and Energy Savings Tips
online or call our friendly Customer Service Team on 13 37 02
to chat to them about this.
Financial Counselling is a free service offered by community organisations, community legal centres and some government agencies. To find a financial counsellor in your area, call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007
or visit the Government’s MoneySmart
website for more information.
You can download a copy of Alinta Energy’s Hardship Policy, specific to Victorian customers below. Alternatively, ask our friendly Customer Service Team to send you a free copy by calling 13 37 02
Download Victorian Customer Hardship Policy