Terms & Conditions for the “Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant Win a VIP Family Pass” Competition (Competition)
*see clause 10 for Prize description.
- Entrants to the Competition are taken to accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions (Terms).
- The Promoter of the Competition is Alinta Sales Pty Ltd (Alinta Energy), Level 18 Raine Square, 300 Murray Street Perth 6000 (ABN 92 089 531 984) (Promoter).
How to enter
- The Competition commences at 07:30 (AWST) on Monday 11 October 2021 and closes at 23:59 (AWST) on Sunday 21 November 2021 (Competition Period).
- Subject to clause 5 of these Terms, entry into (and winning) this Competition is only open to individuals who are:
- a resident of Western Australia;
- at least 18 old at the time of entry into the Competition; and
- the account holder of an active residential Alinta Energy gas account as at the date of the Draw,
- An Eligible Entrant excludes any:
- employee or agent of the Promoter;
- relative of an employee of the Promoter, being a spouse, parent, stepparent, sibling, or child of that employee; or
- Alinta Energy customer who has cancelled their Alinta Energy gas account or whose supply of gas has been cancelled by either the customer or Alinta Energy as at the date of the Draw.
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must complete the online entry form and submit it no later than 23:59 (AWST) on Sunday 21 November 2021. Entries received after this time will automatically be deemed as invalid. The time of the entry will be the time the entry form is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestions or any other reason.
- Only one entry is allowed per Eligible Entrant.
- Eligible Entrants must provide a valid email address and/or telephone number.
Drawing the Prize
- The draw will take place by random digital selection at 11.30am (AWST) on Monday 22 November 2021 and the winners will be notified by email and/or phone as provided in the entry form (Draw).
- The first valid 20 entries drawn will receive 1 family pass (admitting up to 4 people) to Alinta Energy’s VIP area at the Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant on Saturday 4 December 2021 (Prize). The Promoter will contact the winner to confirm the names of each of the attendees before the event.
- The Prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to:
- request proof of the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence or relationship to an employee of the Promoter) to claim a Prize; and
- disqualify any entrant who:
- submits an entry form that is not in accordance with these Terms; or
- who tampers with the entry process.
- Errors and omissions in Competition entries may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter will endeavour to notify the winners by email or telephone within one week of the Draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to notify a winner if that winner is not reasonably contactable. The Prize must be claimed within 7 days of the Draw. Any unclaimed Prizes remain the property of the Promoter or the Prize supplier.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding the Draw, determination of the winner and the conduct of the Competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winners’ names will be listed on the Alinta Energy website as soon as reasonably practicable after the Draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Competition early or vary any of these Terms in accordance with the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987 (WA).
- Winners accept all risks, responsibilities, and restrictions associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize by themselves and anyone else. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter, nor any of their respective related bodies corporate or their respective officers, employees, agents or contractors accepts or otherwise has any responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death, illness or injury resulting from or arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition or the Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in Western Australia.
- The Competition winners and their attendees acknowledge that the Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant and the Prize are subject to all relevant public health orders, including those relating to COVID19.This means that at the Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant:
- the winners and their attendees must follow all instructions of the event organisers in relation to social distancing or other COVID-safe measures;
- should a COVID19 outbreak occur, the Promoter and event organiser are not liable for any potential resulting illness.
- The Promoter may cancel the Competition at short notice pursuant to clauses 17 and 19 of these Terms.In such circumstances, the Promoter will notify Competition winners as soon as possible.
- The Competition winners consent to the Promoter using their name, suburb, image, and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) for publicity purposes without any remuneration.
- By entering the Competition, you consent to:
- the Promoter publishing your name and other information for the purposes of us promoting the Competition and our business. For example, if you are a Competition winner your image may be published, along with your first name and suburb, on the Promoter’s website or in our newsletters.