*See item 10 below for prize description
1. Entrants to the Competition are taken to accept and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter of the Competition is Alinta Energy Retail Sales Pty Limited (ABN 22 149 658 300) of Level 13, Grosvenor Place, 225 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (Promoter).
3. The Competition commences at 9:00 (AEST) on Monday 1 June 2020 and closes at 16:00 (AEST) on Tuesday 1 September 2020 (Competition Period).
4. Subject to Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, entry into (and winning) this Competition is only open to individuals who are:
i. a resident of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia or Queensland;
ii. aged eighteen (18) years or older as at the time of entry into the Competition; and
iii. the account holder of an active residential and/or SME Alinta Energy account, whose name appears on the bill in the relevant Eligible State as on the date of the draw, (Eligible Entrant).
5. An Eligible Entrant excludes any:
i. employee, relative (as set out in sub-clause (ii) below) or agent of the Promoter;
ii. relative of any person outlined in Clause 5 (i) means the spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling or child; or
iii. Alinta Energy customer who has cancelled their Alinta Energy electricity account or whose supply of electricity has been cancelled by either the customer or Alinta Energy as at the date of the draw.
6. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must visit www.alintaenergy.com.au/yearoff and fill out and submit the online entry form, which must be received by the Promoter after the relevant Start Date and Time and before the corresponding End Date and Time for each corresponding Draw Date and Time set out in Clause 9 below. The time of the entry will be the time the entry form is received by the Promoter’s database. Any entry not drawn as a winner by the end date for the Promotion Period as set out in Clause 9 that the entry is received in will be rolled over into any subsequent Promotion Period. Entries received after the Competition Period will automatically be deemed as invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestions or any other reason.
7. Only one entry into this competition is allowed per Alinta Energy residential electricity account.
8. Eligible Entrants must provide a valid phone number and be contactable during office hours.
9. The draw will take place by random digital selection at 10:30 (AEST) on Thursday 3 September 2020 and the winners will be notified by email and/or phone as provided in the entry form (Draw). The draw will take place at the Alinta Energy offices unless the offices are not able to be accessed on the date of the draw to COVID-19.
10. Subject to Clause 11, the first valid entry drawn per state (NSW, SA, QLD and VIC) will receive a credit applied to the residential Alinta Energy electricity account with the account number and for the supply address that was submitted on that entry form (Winning Account) for up to their next four (4) consecutive electricity bills, provided that the total credit across the four (4) consecutive electricity bills does not exceed $2,500 (including GST) (Prize).
11. Once the $2,500.00 (inclusive of GST) of credit has been exhausted, regardless of whether or not a credit has been applied to all four (4) consecutive electricity bills, the Winning Account will no longer be credited, and the winner will be responsible for paying any outstanding amount on their respective electricity bill(s) to Alinta Energy. The Prize is based on an annual average bill of $1800 (inclusive of GST).
12. The maximum Prize amount for each Winning Account is $2,500 (including GST). One prize will be allocated per state. The total prize pool is $10,000.
13. The Prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Winning Account is cancelled at any time after receiving the Prize and any amount of the Prize remains unused on that Winning Account, the remaining amount of the Prize will be forfeited and cannot be withdrawn from the Winning Account in cash or transferred to another supply address or another individual’s electricity account.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request proof of the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence or relationship to an employee of the Promoter) to claim a Prize and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry form that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
15. The Promoter will endeavour to notify the winner by telephone within 2 weeks of the draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to notify a winner if that winner is not reasonably contactable. The Prize must be claimed within 30 days of the Draw. Any unclaimed Prizes remain the property of the Promoter.
16. The Promoter’s decision regarding the Draw, determination of the winner and the conduct of the Competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence shall be entered into.
17. The Competition winner consents to the Promoter using their name, suburb, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) for publicity purposes without any remuneration.
18. The winner’s name will be listed on the Alinta Energy website as soon as reasonably practicable after the Draw.
19. In the case of any force majeure event or circumstance not reasonably within the control of the Promoter and which by the reasonable exercise of due diligence the Promoter is not reasonably able to prevent or overcome, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or value or type of Prize, subject to any written direction from a relevant regulatory authority (“Force Majeure Event”). Without limiting the generality of the nature of those events, a Force Majeure Event includes any act of war, terrorism or natural disaster in Australia.
20. Winners accept all risks, responsibilities and restrictions associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize by themselves and anyone else. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter, nor any of their respective related bodies corporate or their respective officers, employees, agents or contractors accepts or otherwise has any responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from or arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 of Australia, as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
21. By entering the Competition, each entrant consents to:
22. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/20/05304.