1. Entrants to the Competition are taken to accept and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter of the Competition is Alinta Energy Retail Sales Pty Ltd (ABN 22 149 658 300) (Alinta Energy) of Level 13, Grosvenor Place, 225 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9372 2600 (Promoter).
3. “Cricket Australia” is Cricket Australia (ABN 53 006 089 130) of 60 Jolimont Street, Jolimont, Victoria 3002.
4. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
5. The Competition commences at 12:00PM (AEDT) on Tuesday 1 December 2020 and closes at 12:00PM (AEDT) on Thursday 10 December 2020 (Competition Period).
6. Subject to clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, entry into (and winning) this Competition is only open to individuals who are:
a. a resident of Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia or Western Australia; and
b. aged eighteen (18) years or older as at the time of entry into the Competition; and
i. the account holder of an active residential or small business Alinta Energy electricity and/or gas account as at the date of the Draw; or
ii. a person who has completed request to transfer their electricity and/or gas account to Alinta Energy on the website and that has not cancelled their request to transfer to Alinta Energy as at the date of the Draw; and
d. submit an answer in 25 words or less to the qualifying question where prompted on the online entry form: "Who is your favourite current Australian Men’s Team cricket player and why?" (Competition Question) (Eligible Entrant).
7. An Eligible Entrant excludes any:
a. employee or agent of the Promoter;
b. relative of an employee of the Promoter, being a spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling or child of that employee; or
c. Alinta Energy customer who has cancelled their Alinta Energy electricity and/or gas account or whose supply of electricity and/or gas has been cancelled by either the customer or Alinta Energy as at the date of the Draw;
d. person making an incomplete, or otherwise unlawful entry.
8. To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must complete the online entry form and submit an answer to the Competition Question, submitting it no later than 12:00PM (AEDT) on Thursday 10 December 2020. Entries received after this time will automatically be deemed as invalid. The time of the entry will be the time the entry form is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestions or any other reason.
9. Only one entry is allowed per Eligible Entrant.
10. Eligible Entrants must provide a valid email address and/ or telephone number.
11. The Promoter will review the response provided by each Entrant to the Competition Question to ensure the response is comprehensible and does not violate these Terms and Conditions. Any response that is incomprehensible, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or unlawful may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
12. Judging will take place by the Promoter at Level 13, Grosvenor Place, 225 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 at 12:30PM (AEDT) on Friday 11 December 2020. The judge of the Competition will be [a member of the Partnerships team of the Promoter]. The winners will be the one hundred (100) Entrants who submit an entry that is compliant with these terms and who have most creatively answered the Competition Question (Prize Winner).
13. Prizes from the judging will be allocated as follows:
a. The first valid one hundred (100) entries will receive a single online entry to Alinta Energy & Cricket Australia’s Virtual Cricket Launch event to be held on Tuesday 15 December 2020 at 4:00PM (AEDT). Winners will receive a private Vimeo password protected link via email provided in entry, a maximum of 24 hours ahead of the event to gain access to the event.
14. Winning entrants accept the responsibility to ensure they have reliable access to the internet and browsers that accept the Vimeo link to watch the event. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the costs associated with Prize Winners’ internet use and any technical faults caused by the entrant’s internet, browser, computer or mobile during the event.
15. The prize is a money can’t buy experience where a value cannot be aligned to the prize.
16. The Prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request proof of the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence or relationship to an employee of the Promoter) to claim a Prize and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry form that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. The Promoter will endeavour to notify the winners by email or telephone within two (2) business days of the judging. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to notify a winner if that winner is not reasonably contactable. The Prize must be claimed within seven (7) days of the judging. Any unclaimed Prizes remain the property of the Promoter or the prize supplier. If a Prize is not claimed within the timeframe specified in this clause, that Prize will be rejudged, and the previous winner will forgo all claims to the Prize.
19. The Promoter’s decision regarding the judging, determination of the winner and the conduct of the Competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
20. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter and Cricket Australia using the Eligible Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Cricket Australia.
21. The winners’ names will be listed on the Alinta Energy website as soon as reasonably practicable after the Draw.
22. In the case of any force majeure event or circumstance not reasonably within the control of the Promoter and which by the reasonable exercise of due diligence the Promoter is not reasonably able to prevent or overcome, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or value or type of Prize, subject to any written direction from a relevant regulatory authority (“Force Majeure Event”). Without limiting the generality of the nature of those events, a Force Majeure Event includes any act of war, terrorism or natural disaster in Australia.
23. Winners accept all risks, responsibilities and restrictions associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize by themselves and anyone else. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter, Cricket Australia or any of their respective related bodies corporate or their respective officers, employees, agents or contractors do not accept or otherwise have any responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from or arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 of Australia, as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia.
25. Cricket Australia reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change or amend the International Cricket fixture without notice. Neither the Promoter nor Cricket Australia accept responsibility for the cancellation or delay of any cricket match connected with this Promotion for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter or Cricket Australia.