*See item 13 below for prize description
- Entrants to the Competition are taken to accept and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Alinta Sales Pty Ltd trading as Alinta Energy, Level 18, 300 Murray Street, Perth WA 6000 (ABN 92 089 531 984) (Promoter).
- The Competition commences at 09.00am (WST) on Thursday 3 June 2021 and closes at 23:59 (WST) on Monday 13 September 2021 (Competition Period). During each month of the Competition Period (each a Promotion Period) there will be a competition draw.
- Subject to clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, entry into (and winning) this Competition is only open to individuals who are:
i. a resident of Western Australia;
ii. aged eighteen (18) years or older as at the time of entry into the Competition; and
iii. the account holder of an active residential Alinta Energy gas account as the date of the draw
- An Eligible Entrant excludes any:
i. employee, relative (as set out in sub-clause (ii) below) or agent of the Promoter;
ii. relative of any person outlined in clause 5(i) means the spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling or child; or
iii. Alinta Energy customer who has cancelled their Alinta Energy gas account or whose supply of gas has been cancelled by either the customer or Alinta Energy as at the date of the draw.
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must visit www.alintaenergy.com.au/freegas and fill out and submit the online entry form, which must be received by the Promoter after the relevant Start Date and Time and before the corresponding End Date and Time for each corresponding Draw Date and Time set out in Clause 12 below. The time of the entry will be the time the entry form is received by the Promoter’s database.
- Any entry not drawn as a winner by the end date for the Promotion Period as set out in Clause 12 that the entry is received in will be entered into the draw for any subsequent Promotion Period.
- Entries received after the Competition Period will automatically be deemed as invalid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestions or any other reason.
- Only one entry into this competition is allowed per Alinta Energy residential gas account.
- Eligible Entrants must provide a valid phone number or email address and be contactable during office hours.
- The Promotion Periods and their respective draws will on the following dates:
||Start date and time
||End date and time
||Draw date and time
||Thursday 3 June 2021 at 09.00am
||Wednesday 30 June 2021 at 23.59pm
||27 draws on Monday 5 July 2021 at 10.30am
||Thursday 1 July 2021 at 09.00am
|Saturday 31 July 2021 at 23.59pm
||30 draws on Thursday 5 August 2021 at 10.30am
||Sunday 1 August 2021 at 09.00am
|Monday 13 September 2021 at 23.59pm
||43 draws on Wednesday 15 September 2021 at 10.30am
- The draws will take place by random digital selection. The first valid entry drawn in each draw in each Promotion Period will each receive a credit for one hundred dollars (AUD100) (including GST) (Prize) applied to their residential Western Australia (WA) Alinta Energy gas account with the account number and for the supply address that was submitted on that entry form (Winning Account).
- The Prize is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Winning Account is cancelled at any time after receiving the Prize and any amount of the Prize remains unused on that Winning Account, the remaining amount of the Prize will be forfeited and cannot be withdrawn from the Winning Account in cash or transferred to another supply address or another individual’s gas account.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request proof of the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence or relationship to an employee of the Promoter) to claim a Prize and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry form that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter will endeavour to notify the winner by telephone within 2 weeks of the draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failure to notify a winner if that winner is not reasonably contactable. The Prize must be claimed within 30 days of the Draw. Any unclaimed Prizes remain the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding the Draw, determination of the winner and the conduct of the Competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The Competition winner consents to the Promoter using their name, suburb, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) for publicity purposes without any remuneration.
- The winner’s name will be listed on the Alinta Energy website as soon as reasonably practicable after the Draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Competition early or vary any of these terms and conditions in accordance with the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987.
- Winners accept all risks, responsibilities and restrictions associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize by themselves and anyone else. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter, nor any of their respective related bodies corporate or their respective officers, employees, agents or contractors accepts or otherwise has any responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from or arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 of Australia, as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in Western Australia.
- By entering the Competition, you consent to:
- By entering the Competition, you consent to us publishing your name and other information for the purposes of us promoting the competition and our business. For example, if you are a competition winner, your details may be published on our website or in our newsletters.